RE: Enough Already

Yes, I agree with what you had to say above, and I wasn't going to be
drawn into the fracas---but.  I want to present a perspective which has
only been mentioned in passing.  From the Hybridizer's point of view.  I
do not have any problem with named varieties being put on the calender.
But who chooses which ones will be selected: Hybridizers on the Board of
Director of AIS,  the Big Boys such as Schreiners, Cooleys or Ghio etc.
or who else?

Lets face it, whether intentionally or not, named iris on this calender
will receive plenty of publicity while many other deserving irises
won't.  How can we be sure the lesser know hybridizers won't be left

Sorry I'm prolonging this overworked discussion, but I thought the list
should ponder the comments of a relatively new hybridizer.

Rick Tasco
Superstition Iris Gardens
Central California
Zone 8.5