American Iris Society Convention, 2005

I am pleased to let you all be the first to know that the Greater St. Louis
Iris Society has extended an offer to host the 2004 AIS convention.  I am
confident this will be readily accepted by the AIS Board.

This means we have conventions booked through the year 2007, with only two
exceptions.  We still need a host for 2004 and for 2006.

The current schedule: 1997, Michigan.....1998, Colorado.....1999,
Oklahoma........2000, Dallas, TX.......2001, Pennsylvania.....2002, Memphis,
TN.....2003, Virginia.........2005, St. Louis, MO......2007, Oklahoma.

  Three years before conventions, beardless iris breeders send their best
seedlings and new introductions to the convention as guests.  Two years
before the convention, the bearded iris breeders  send their irises.  So
hundreds and hundreds of new irises are in the convention tour gardens to
see.  Having a convention in your area is the best way for all the local
people to get to see all the newest irises.

Knock, knock, Canada and upstate New York....anybody home?  Clarence Mahan in
Virginia, where the 2003 convention will be hosted.  (Lucky me!)