Re: Calender

I was also disappointed that the iris materials that I ordered from AIS
did not identify the irises.  I also ordered 10 calendars last year and
none this year.  Choosing an iris to put in the calendar already shows
favoritism.  Surely there are iris pictures available of irises which
have already won awards, or that are not currently eligible for awards,
which could be properly identified.  I am sure that many judges who
determine the awards can recognize the irises on the calendar without
names if they are in fact distinctive enough to win an award.  They rest
of us would like to know their names.  I agree that AIS is falling short
of its educational purposes when it publishes calendars with less
information than a commercial flower calendar.

Phyllis Soine
Richmond VA