Re: species iris

I really liked Ian Efford's suggestion that everyone become knowledgeable
about the native irises within a 100 mile radius of their home.  But now I
have to ask an ignorant question:  what's the best way to find out what they
are?  I have only seen irises growing in the wild twice in my life, but
that's at least partly because I don't know where to look.  Does the Species
Iris group have maps?
Mary Forte, Atascadero, CA: halfway between LA and San Francisco