RE: Shipping Pollen

Sharon McAllister writes:

>Common enough.  It's really the only way to make some crosses.

>I pluck the anthers and spread them out around the edges of a LABELED
>condiment cup, propping them up with only the tip of each anther touching the
>These little cups are the right size for the standard boxes, so this is fast
>easy.  But it's not the only way.  Small paper envelopes work well, too.

I find this idea of shipping pollen very interesting. How long is the pollen
If it works to ship it I would assume this would be a good way to save pollen
from one plant in my garden until the Pod parent I wish to use is ready to
accept the Pollen.
Would this work? Has anyone done this?

Jefrie Jenkins
Kent, WA Zone 5