Re: Calender

<< I was also disappointed that the iris materials that I ordered from AIS
 did not identify the irises >>

Hi, Phyllis,
You will, I think, be happy to know that the previous policy of AIS, whereby
cultivars still competing for awards, were not pictured or if pictured not
identified in AIS material, has now been changed.  Like you, I disagreed with
this policy.  Whereas the motive for the policy, not to show favoritism to
specific iris breeders, was noble, my view was that the Society exists for
the membership, and the general membership wants to see newer, named irises.
 The Bulletin is already reflecting the new policy.  Interestingly, when the
final vote to change the policy was taken, I think every Board member
supported the change.

So you see, positive changes do happen.  (If there is a tendency to any
favoritism, I believe it will be self-correcting.  The membership is not shy
in raising issues, and iris breeders are notoriously not shy.)  :) Clarence
Mahan in VA