RE: My first time

Mary,

Congratulations on your first cross.  One of your parents Mary Frances
is behind my first introduction, RUFFLED GODDESS.  Hope you get
something nice from the cross.

Concerning species in your area, let me quote the World of Iris again.

"With the exception of I. douglasiana, the Californicae are essentially
plants of mountainous and open forested areas.  I douglasiana is a
maritime species common on windswept ocean bluffs and the bare or
sparsely vegetated areas inland from the beaches.  It is geographically
the most widespread species in the Californica, extending along the
Pacific Coast from Coos Bay, Oregon, south into Santa Barbara County in
California, a distance of over 1100km (650 miles)."

Start looking Mary!

Rick Tasco
Central California in the Sierra Nevada foothills
Still raining! the 3rd day in a row.
Zone 8.5