Re: Rotten Experiences

Amy Rupp wrote:

> Rick, your words are wise for a commercial grower ... but homeowners
> have a very limited space to work with.  And they are further limited by
> shadows from surrounding structures, trees, etc., and poor drainage that
> cannot be corrected in many areas.  If you've only got the proper spot
> to grow ONE iris, and you can't move it around, you need it to be the
> hardiest iris it can be.
> Please reconsider the homeowners' struggles to correctly site their iris
> on a 60 x 120 foot lot.  These are most of your customers.
> --
Dear Amy,

Correct me if i'm wrong but aren't iris sun lovers.  I think my point is
being missed here and that is proper culture.  What I have talked about,
rotating and solarization, are not just for the commercial grower.  I
can send you various articles from leading flower magazines concerning
these topics for the HOME GARDNER.

Also my words were directed to those people who experience an abnormal
amount of rot.  I am just presenting ideas to those who may need them.
These techniques work and are from my own experience.

And, many of my customers have used these techniques and are always
surprised at the results.

Rick Tasco
Central California where the sun is finally shining.
Zone 8.5