Re: Calender

Gerry Snyder wrote:

> I think that the point (good or bad) is that any judge who
> can with certainty identify an iris from a single photo can
> usually be counted on to know whether it is award-worthy.

I would hope so!

> It is the less knowledgeable judges who are most likely to
> be swayed by an identified picture.

What? Judges swayed by photographs?

Pg A-10 of "THE" manual:
"Never should his votes be based on shows, slides, publicity or
popularity of a hybridizer..."

I am probably getting on the wrong side of everybody with all this, and
I am not trying to shoot at Gerry, but it seems that if a judge is a
judge, they ought to act like one and if they don't, then they shouldn't
be one. If the system doesn't work, then fix it, don't patch around it.

Reality is: if a judge is going to be influenced by a picture, there are
plenty of catalogs to go to without worrying whether the iris in the
calender are annotated or not.

> >         I also like Ian's suggestion of having a N. American species'
> >         calendar.
> >

> Me too.

Me too.

--