Re: I. minutoaurea

<< Can anyone provide experience of I. minutoaurea?  >>
Although mine has never bloomed, I can tell you what not to do.  When I first
grew it in a bonsai dish (two years) it grew like a weed.  Often dried out,
but that didn't seem to hurt it. It filled the little container, so in May I
divided it.  Do not do what I did. First, I should have divided it earlier in
the year like early spring. Second, I broke it up into individual rhizomes.
 All of them died.  This species likes to be divided into small clumps, not
individual rhizomes.  The large clump I have now came from a Japanese friend
three years ago.  It is very healthy, but hasn't bloomed yet.  Clarence Mahan
in VA