Re: Calender

Clarence and others have mentioned various reason why AIS did not wish to
publish the names of irises in the calender, however, they are named in the
bulletin and the calender is really for a more general public audience.
Hence the need for more "educational" information.  Even the fact that these
cultivars have names might be important in encouraging individuals to
consider learning more about irises.

On the issue of local climates.  We are still above freezing during the day
and have about one inch of snow.  Last year at this time, we had 60 inches
which is a total annual snowfall in the normal year.  Its balmy!

Ian E. Efford
avocet.intl@sympatico.ca  		- please, note new e-mail address!
tel (613) 526 4427 or 4429 fax (613) 526 0081
1909 Broadmoor Avenue, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada K1H 5B3
Zone 3-4