Re: Rotten Experiences-- Lengthy

Rick Tasco said
>I can't expound enough on good farming practices when growing iris.
>Planting iris in the same location each year will produce a buildup of
>bacteria, fungus, insects which all love iris.  Plus the added
>depletment of the soil will make them even more suceptible to these
>agents.  Rotate your iris at least every three years. If not possible,
>solarize your existing beds.  If you can't do either of these then you
>should not be complaining about rot.

Ahem.  I will too complain about rot if I want to. : )  I am looking for
those iris that will grow and perform well under what you would probably not
consider good farming practices or suitable climate.  I have found a few and
have quit expecting to find many more, except maybe among the 'cold weather'
re-bloomers or older varieties bred under similar conditions or from the few
determined eastern hybridizers who refuse to pamper their iris babies.
 VICTORIA FALLS has been in exactly the same spot for about 6 years and has
been nearly smothered with Sweet William, but she's doin' just fine.