Re: Rotten Experiences

Rick Tasco said
> If your soil was free from the buildup of disease,
>fungus and insects you would be able to grow many more iris than you do
>now.  I would not consider this pampering, just good garden culture.  I
>challenge you to plant several new varieties (new to you not necessarily
>brand new) in a different part of your garden where iris have not grown
>for the past 3 years.

You bet.  Finally got to see PACIFIC DESTINY bloom last year.  No rot in that
new garden spot (no iris for at least 25 years) for a  year and a half.  Look
down the row and the stress tolerant varieties stick out like sore thumbs.
 Time to recycle P D through our local plant sale to those who have time,
energy, and interest in  'good garden culture' so I can make room to torture
some more 'new' stuff next year.  Maybe some British imports!  : ).

To each their own.