Unguicularis

Not really my field of knowledge (we grow only the type, cretensis, Walter
Butt and I.lazica), but I thought that people ought to know about the two
National Reference Collections of Iris unguicularis that are held in the UK:

R D Nutt
Great Barfield, Bradenham, High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire HP4 4HD UK
Telephone: (+44) (0)1494 563741
Collection of 15 different species and cultivars

Ann Ala
Hall Farm, Weatheroak Hill, Alvechurch, Birmingham B48 7EG UK
Telephone (+44) (0)1564 822131
Collection of 25 different species and cultivars

Information from the Plant Finder Reference Library CD-ROM - a very useful
piece of kit for finding ANYTHING in Europe, especially the UK. It also lists
those nurseries in the UK that will export outside the EU and has a very
useful long list of websites of a horticultural nature. If you're interested,
contact:
Headmain, Lakeside, Whitbourne, Worcester WR6 5RD UK
Fax (sorry I do not have a phone number): (+44) (0)1905 640415
I find it very valuable - and I've only had it for a week!

Graham Spencer
Croftway Nursery, UK
croftway@aol.com

Still cold and grey - the forecast says more of the same for the next week.
:(