Re: Lowell's Historics -- Part I GIBSON GIRL

GIBSON GIRL was  a great iris for those of us hybridizing for rebloom in the
fifties. Raymond G. Smith and I used it a lot. It was  resistant to troubles,
and for the time, a good width and size.  One could wish that Jim could have
used it and been encouraged to bring out the rebloomers, but that was
anathema  to the judges of AIS at that time. I brought out a couple for Jim
at one point. The introductions of his last twenty years were , on the whole,
NOT suitable to the mid-East of USA. Lloyd Zurbrigg Durham NC