Re: Lowell's Historics -- Part I JOSEPH's MANTLE

>I grew JOSEPH'S MANTLE  in the early l950's  in Listowel, Ontario, Canada. It
>increased like mad, always tried to rebloom, and never made it in the spring
>because the blossom end always rotted out. Very disappointing to a tyro!
> Lloyd Z. Durham NC  That was Zone 3.5. Now I am in Zone 7.5, based on the
>chilly autumn of this year, l966.

	My habit of skimming all iris-l posts (even when they deal with
	rebloomers) finally paid off...I caught a glimpse of Zone 3 (what
	is a half a zone? is this 3b? must be).

	Interesting about a rebloomer trying to bloom and rotting in the
	Spring.

	I'd like to see one of my known rebloomers try that here in Zone
	3a....maybe IMMORTALITY or CLARENCE....it would be worth losing
	some plants just to see a bud or two in the Fall....:-((

	Up to my knees in snow but balmy for here - almost reached 20 degrees
	F. today,

Ellen Gallagher
e_galla@moose.ncia.net
Lancaster, New Hampshire, USA