Re: Zantha

<< I have grown ZANTHA for the past
 five years and it has some major faults.  First the flower petals are
 always twisted.  Second the stalks always grow at an angle, like they
 have been in a major wind storm.  It does have a great saturation of
 yellow color, which in the 40's must have been impressive.  Not Dykes
 Medal quality to me. >>

Rick, the iris you describe doesn't sound like the ZANTHA I have
grown...maybe it doesn't like your mild climate.  Considering how it is
performing for you, if that is typical in California, I can certainly
understand why it didn't get the votes for the Dykes.  Interesting.  Clarence
Mahan in VA