mulch

Here's a question for all you northerners. When the ground was frozen and
it snowed a couple of weeks ago, I put straw mulch on all my irises, since
I had divided them this year. Now the temperature is up in the 40's and it
has been quite wet. Should I pull the mulch back until the ground freezes
again to avoid rot, or will they be OK?

Nancy