Re: Hot colour iris performance in UK

	At the risk of being lambasted (?) on the this subject, I must
	butt in here *just* to say that USDA Zones 6 & 7 are not what
	I would designate *cold* climates re hybridizing.

	USDA Zones of 3, 4 and 5 are the *coldish* zones.

	There is a great deal of difference between PA, VA and Maine or
	even Northern New Hampshire where we had another 18" of heavy, new
	snow last night and it is freezing cold out. :-(

	Cheers,

Ellen Gallagher
e_galla@moose.ncia.net
Lancaster, New Hampshire, USA