Re: Capitola

LMann76543@aol.com wrote:

> Why would anyone want to have a flower that smells like a skunk?  My dog
> would take it out and bury it!  Does CAPITOLA have redeeming features?

Linda,

You must purchase a copy of the World of Iris and get acquainted with
iris history.  For if you did, you would not have asked the above.  Let
me quote from page 199.  >When Reineld crossed William Mohr with Van
Tubergen's amphidiploid oncobred, Ib-Mac, he created the highly fertile
CAPITOLA, one of the most famous pollen parents in iris history.>
Crossing Capitola with tall bearded irises yielded progeny that were
classed as "Mohrs".

Rick Tasco
Central California-- Sunny and 66f today--
Zone 8.5