Re: I. Unguicularis

Ian Black wrote:

> I would be very interested to hear of other people's experiences with other
> identifiable clones of I. unguicularis - and does anyone know who Mary
> Barnard was??

I am also very interested in collecting clones of Unguicularis.  Those
which I have and the only one I know of for sure is I Lazica, which I
received from Ben Hager of Melrose Gardens.  I think he told me he got
his from Jean Witt.  I also have a clone which I suspect is I
Cephalonica.  This one has clean, tall blue-green foilage.  Probably too
tall as the foilage hides the flowers.  I know some growers who give it
a hair cut before bloom.  Two others I grew from SIGNA seed. One is Alba
(92R302) and narrow leaf from Greece (92304).  If you know of any
sources of Unguicularis please let me know.

Rick Tasco
Central California-- Near Yosemite National Park
Zone 8.5