Re: Hot colour iris performance in UK

>What experience have irisarians had in other northern European gardens or in
>Canada?

Graham:  I live in the north east US... along the Great Lakes, at the
Canadian boundry.  Over the past 15 years, I was only able to bloom one
orange iris, FRESNO FROLIC.  There are, however, some north-eastern
hybridizers working in pinks that you may not be aware of:

One that springs to mind is Evelyn Kegerise... a longtime hybridizer who
lives and hybridizes in Pennsylvania.  Her SHIRLEY M - a wonderful confection
of pink with a powder blue beard - is hardy and vigorous for me.  I believe
it was just introduced last year... but I was fortunate to have it slightly
ahead of that and have had the honor of attracting lots of favorable comments
when it bloomed.

Kathy Guest, E. Aurora, NY