Linda Mann/variety performance

Thanks for your message - I will try to have a look thru the archives when I
have some time.

As a general comment about variety performance here, we find that orange and
pink varieties in particular do not (generally) perform well. We have been
impressed by GOOD SHOW, VANITY and one or two others, but most just do not
have the same vigour as other colours. The most vigorous here are the blues
and purples - anything raised by Schreiner seems to do well for us.
Rebloom is variable. Some rebloom well - others don't. IMMORTALITY was good
this year. In previous seasons SKY HOOKS has rebloomed (but without horns) as
well as VANITY and ENGLISH COTTAGE - these two have fabulous scent. Some
older varieties also rebloom - STORRINGTON (not registered - raised by Cedric
Morris in the 1940s) and BRIGHTEYES .

I'll try and comment on any variety performance discussions on the list when
I can.

Graham Spencer
Croftway Nursery, UK
croftway@aol.com