Re: Moraea Aristata (and Irises)

<< There aren't so many iris-type flowers during the winter months - with the
 honourable exceptions of the bulbous irises (reticulatas, junos) and I
 unguicularis.  Moraeas and other related genera provide a fascinating
 extension to this, and are a good way of extending the Iris obsession into
 the otherwise dead months! >>

Of course, Ian, if you take some Louisiana irises, I. japonica, I. wattii,
and several other irises and put them in the same greenhouse where you have
the moraea, you will also have irises blooming in the winter.  :)  But, I do
like those lovely moraea, too! Clarence Mahan in the Commonwealth of Virgina