Re: IRIS-L digest Fragrance

I, Lloyd, was in one of Louise Smith's robins for several years. 9 was the
number retained for a pleasing fragrance, and 999 meant that the fragrance
was superlative.  If memory serves, 8 was reserved for spicy fragrance, as
opposed to the "sweet" of 9. Again 888 meant a very strong, spicy aroma.  I
am not quite sure about 7, but I think it was unpleasant aroma. Therefore
 CAPITOLA,  with its essence of skunk, would rate 777 , (again if memory
serves me correctly).  (I would still buy CAPITOLA, had I a source. ) Lloyd
Zurbrigg,  Durham NC  ZONE 7.5