Iris germanica/Albicans

<<<< Albicans is pollen sterile but will set seeds with the right pollen.

I have read this, but I have never succeeded in getting viable seed.  Do you
know of any case where viable seed has been obtained, and seedlings resulted?
 Clarence Mahan

Clarence:

I crossed Albicans with a violet colored Standard Dwarf Iris whose name I
don't remember.  A nice pod formed with lots of seeds and excellent
germination.  I crossed these two because they were blooming at the same time
in central Louisiana in late February.  The little iris was received from a
daylily/iris friend in Columbia, Missouri.  Unfortunately, I did not bloom
the seedlings out because I move to Texas and could not take everything with
me.  I doubt they would have bloom in the Rio Grande Valley of Texas anyway.

Robert Turley