RE:Morea Aristata

> At the top of the list of "plants I can't grow" is Moraea aristita, a
> little plant that is not an iris, but is cute!!  Grows from a corm,

The SIGNA article by John Weiler spelled the Morea three different
ways.  At November's meeting of the Fresno Iris Society of which I am a
member, John Weiler gave a presentation on iris other than bearded.
Which was quite good--anyway he passed out corms of this Morea and he
had it labeled ARISTATA.  So I guess this is the correct spelling. I
planted my corms immediately and they are up already.  The corms are the
size of crocus and the foilage is small and narrow reaching only 4/5
inches in height.

Rick Tasco
Central California in the foothills of the Sierra's, where its raining,
raining, raining.  Watch out East coast its coming your way.
Zone 8.5