Re: Mike Lowe?

Jane Mattei writes...

>FYI -- I also got there yesterday afternoon but couldn't reach it this
>morning. My connection is direct, rather than dial-up, so I don't thinks
>it a time-out problem.

No, I am back but sometimes only partially. The 'two guys in a garage'
internet service provider is slowly getting fully recognized. ALL the
DNS/root servers on the internet that resolve a 'high level' address to the
actual dot.address have to get the word before service is reliable. The
worst bit about being cut off was that the HIPS web page was unavailable. I
have considered going with another provider but changing an email address
is the green death. I switched from earthlink.net to tricities.net six
months ago and people are still using the old address. Another switch would
leave everyone totally confused.

If you try for the HIPS web page but receive a 'xxx browser cannot locate
the server' or a '404' error just try again and the second request SHOULD
go to a different DNS/root server and that will (hopefully!) yield a

Mike Lowe   mikelowe@tricities.net   http://www.tricities.net/~mikelowe/