Re: Fragrant iris listings (Outbox)

Linda M. asked what is in the fragrance checklist that is available from Libby
Cross (8907 Potts Creek Rd., Covington, VA 24426; $12.50). Here's how I
described it in my first message:

 >> a large report that Libby Cross compiled a few years ago from the
 >> Fragrance Robin -- 80 pages or so of fragrance ratings for many
 >> hundreds of (mostly bearded) iris.

It's actually 90 pages, based on ten years of robin letters.  The iris are
listed single spaced and alphabetically, with hybridizer and year (don't know
whether reg. or intro.), and up to ten fragrance ratings on a numbered scale.

When I brought up the document that Larry sent me, I didn't realize it was
still available from its original source.  That copy is now on its way to the
first person who asked for it in the non-electronic form in which I had it.

I have never understood exactly what Louise Smith's report contains, but assume
it must be fairly large and comprehensive to have cost $50.  I'm assuming from
the silence so far that no one on the list has it or has looked at it, either.
Anyone who has, this is your invitation to fill us in.

   Nell Lancaster, Lexington, Virginia, USA  75500.2521@compuserve.com