Re: Siberians and McEwen's intro's

A general question for anyone on the list:  Does Currier McEwen have a
particular iris nursery or grower through which distributes his new
introductions?
Donald Mosser

**

Yes, Donald, there is!!

Eartheart Gardens
RR#1, Box 847
South Harpswell, maine  04079

This is Sahron Hayes Whitney and the place is just down the road from
Currier's gardens.  Her letter in her catalogue says
"Eartheart Gardens was established in 1992 to introduce the Siberian and
Japanese irises of Currier McEwen,. Now, through an arrangement by
Dr. McEwen with Mr. Mototeru kamo, we are proud to be privileged to
intorduce in the United States the Japanese irises of Mr. kamo and
Toyokazu Ichie of Kamo Nurseries in Japan. These cultivaars have been
listed in Japan but are new in this country"

Eartheart Gardens is open three times during the year (1996), 6.23, 7/14, 8/25.
Visitors are welcome on other occasions by appointment by phoning in
advance (207)833-6327.  Currier was to be available to sign his books
at these open houses.

The catalogue is $2.00

Thanks for giving me the opportunity to go back in my mind to the day
this summer when the Maine Chance visited Currier and Eartheart!!

Carolyn Schaffner in Buffalo, NY -- it was a hot, sunny day, the gardens were in>>>>>>>