Re: Species irises

 become really knowledgeable about the irises that occur within 100 miles of
their own gardens.  I have already discovered a most interesting problem
with virginica-versicolor near Ottawa and will be seeking more information
in the field next summer.  I'll report back.

Ian E. Efford
avocet@worldlink.ca
Ottawa zone 3

**

an excellent and practical suggestion, Ian.  Almost everyone can work a
100 Mile trip into a weekday sojourn, or weekend picnic.

I'd love to see your garden in Ottawa, several hundred miles from Buffalo,
but it sounds like it would be worth the trip!!

Carolyn Schaffner