Re: Iris germanica

Suzette asks...

>Can I. germanica grow in Zone 7?  If it can where can I get some?

Forgive me for being facetious -- I'm painting the living room and boredom
made me do it!!!

I. germanica in zone 7 can be found: in cracks in the sidewalk, in
construction site fill dirt, thriving in your newly roto-tilled iris bed
where you 'killed out' all those old dogs, in city 'front stoop' plantings,
in vacant lots, in back alleys, around rural mailboxes, in cottage gardens,
in irisarians 'unknown--name-me' plantings, and in Mike Lowe's and Clarence
Mahan's Display borders.

And, for bouncing a flip answer off your serious request: I promise to send
you a start of I. germanica as soon as it can safely be reset. (330 days
out of 365 in zone 7)

Best regards,

Mike,  mikelowe@tricities.net   --   http://www.tricities.net/~mikelowe/
South Central Virginia, USA
USDA Zone 7A, pH-5.4,  very sandy loam
185 to 205 frost free growing days per year