Pacific Coast iris (w

B > Where I live in the summer its that hot also.  It's the
B > hottest place in cal.  except for death valley.  Most days in
B > the summer are 105 to 110. It's like a blast furnace.  PCN's
B > are not supposed to grow well here but they do for me.  You
B > might have a problem with rust because of the humidity but I
B > would give it a try anyway.  If your adventurous.

    We almost never see the 100F mark, at lest not outside, now
inside this old qusithut is another story! I'm always open to
growing anything.

B > What is a walking iris?  What do you do besides garden?

    This is an Iris that grows in clumps and LIKES the full hot sun!
and doesn't need a ton of water either, it has small yellow with
black spots flowers that kind of look like mini-JPI/SI's. I send a
photo to a guy last year and he ID'ed them as walking Iris, they
flower and a the steam grows on outward for a new flower, where the
old flower had been a new plant forms and as the steam bends over
and touchs the ground it takes root, or it 'Walks'! I've got right
now about 30 small plants in pots and I've sold about 15 of them to
other people. He told me the Iris latin name, but I lost the text
and fogotten it.

    I am a disabled vietnam vet, I get V.A. disabitly and S.D.I. and
I take care of my 74 year old mother, besides gardening, I run a
computer BBS, am an amature Astronomer with a 12.5inch Dobsonian
telescope and I like building model rockets and taking care of my
cats too. Am owner of the Dahlia-net too.

Dahliaman@muskrat.com

.. Kamen X-Rider!
___ Mountain Reader II - #Demo 001