Siberians and McEwen's book

At 07:37 PM 12/3/96 -0500, you wrote:
>By the way, has anyone here yet grown the Siberians HARPSWELL LOVE and
>RUFFLED ROUND pictured in Currier's book?
>        --Jim
>Jim Wilson, Oxford, OH, USDA Zone 6a, AIS garden judge, Region 6
>growing medians, TBs, Siberians, JIs, and a few SPU and species
>wilsonjh@muohio.edu     http://www.muohio.edu/~wilsonjh

Jim, I haven't tried either of these, but I just invested in approximately
23 Siberians this year and I think that I will be pleased with them.
They're still a little slow getting started, but I'm being patient and
nurturing them with plenty of compost.

One question for you Jim:  I noticed that you have new pictures of Siberians
on your web page and if I'm not mistaken, you moved one of my favorites,
that you previously had pictured on your Siberian picture page, to your
beginning home page.  What is this gorgeous cover iris (The blue one at the
top of your home page) and is it really that blue with near black on the
falls or is this a trick of the lighting and the camera or perhaps a lens
filter?  I thought that I had asked you about this once before through
private e-mail and I recall that you responded, but I seem to have
unintentionally deleted your response.

Everyone on the list.  What's the word on Currier McEwen's book on
Siberians?  Is it a must have?  Are there lots of pictures over which to
drool and dream?  I've noticed it for $39.95 (US dollars) plus $3.40 S&H in
an advertisement that I received from a book dealer name EUREKA.  Is this
the going rate or is there a less expensive source?

Donald Mosser
North Augusta, South Carolina, USA
Zone 7b-8
First avg. frost date approx. Nov.15th