Re: Fragrant iris listings

Linda Mann writes...

>>> << Is anyone on the list in possession of Louise Smith's fragrance report?
>Is there a copywrite on the report?  I was wondering if her estate might
>allow the data to be scanned into electronic form.

Walter Smith kept Louise's 'Fragrance Notes' in their computer, a Tandy 286
with about 80 megs of hard drive. FN were too large to keep in one WP file,
he had it broken at several spots. They kept a master hard edition and
would zerox and sell copies ($50.00--advertised in a BAIS in the early
'90s). The document was copyrighted to Louise and Walter Smith.

Their son, Steven C. Smith, has (had?) Walter's computer and has been in
touch with HIPS officials and Clarence Mahan regarding disposal of Walter
and Louise's extensive iris document holdings. Clarence may have more info
on this.

Incidentally, Steven Smith was front page news in the 'Richmond Times
Dispatch' Friday, November 26th 1996 [Archived online in Gateway Virginia]
in reference to a proclamation by a Williamsburg-based organization called
'Henricus Colledge (1619) Inc.' The subject was Christian Heritage Week and
rated 31 column-inches plus color pic and call-outs!

Best regards,

Mike,  mikelowe@tricities.net   --   http://www.tricities.net/~mikelowe/
South Central Virginia, USA
USDA Zone 7A, pH-5.4,  very sandy loam
185 to 205 frost free growing days per year