Pacific Coast iris (w

Slc.dennis Bishop
Subject: Pacific Coast iris (w
Date: Mon,  2 Dec 1996 04:26:00 GMT
B > Dennis,  You need to explain the weather in detail and the
B > soil conditions. For example how much rainfall do you get and
B > what is the temp when it rains. My area in California has the
B > worst conditions for pacific coast (notice the word coast)  We
B > are 4 long hot hours from the ocean.  They grow great at my
B > grandparents in Eureka which is on the ocean.  BUT it never
B > gets over 80 there. Redding has long hot dry summers and cold
B > winters.  BUT I still manage to grow them.  Rick Tasco is
B > inland, although not as much.  I am a little worried about
B > humidity on our island?  Write back and we will discuss it

    Our weather for the most part is warm all year round, I live in
Waianae, which is on the leeward side of Oahu. Our weather is mostly
the same year round. Today we had clouds, for a high haze, temp was
80F and humidity of 52%. I live about 1 mile (as the crow flys) from
the ocean, but then again, on this island your never far from the
ocean, I'id say about 10 miles at the most in the middle of the
island. But I live were I can have total full sun, strong enoungh to
fry an egg inside its shell, to the shade under the big tree on the
north side of this qusithut. I don't count rain, as I use all the
water I want, landlord pays for water. I've got 3 L.A.Iris that get
lots of water.

    I'm the guy over here that grows anything oddball I can, I've
got the 'Walking' Iris. I send in posts to the list which no one

Dahliaman@muskrat.com owner of Dahlia-net.

.. trying to find myself.  Has anyone seen me lately?
___ Mountain Reader II - #Demo 001

.. Hawaii_Astronomy@muskrat.com
___ Mountain Reader II - #Demo 001