Re: Species irises

In a message to Lloyd, I said "This interested is stimulated by the
relatively low interest in species by others in the group."

I made this statement to reflect the relative balance of interest as shown
in the messages that flash by each day, not as a criticism of the group!
Sorry if some people were offended.  I appreciate the very high intensity
interest in breeding TB and others, it is my nature to be more interested in
the natural world and to wish to know more about the source of some of our
garden plants, etc.

Again, no offense was intended!  I would, however, like to see everyone
become really knowledgeable about the irises that occur within 100 miles of
their own gardens.  I have already discovered a most interesting problem
with virginica-versicolor near Ottawa and will be seeking more information
in the field next summer.  I'll report back.

Ian E. Efford
avocet@worldlink.ca
Ottawa zone 3