Re: Old Iris Catalogs

Old catalogs are highly prized by some, and just enjoyed by others.
Especially those who are new to irises and iris societies.  Many botanical
garden centers have annual sales for which they accept donations.  There
one can find old books and magazines for very low prices.  Books: $3-$10.
Magazines: $0.10-$0.30.  Donation provides many good outcomes for both
givers and receivers. Since I usually look through these for iris-related
materials, I was disappointed at my first regional iris meeting that no
such table was available exclusively devoted to irises.
SUGGESTION:
1.  Donate your old catalogs/books to your local, regional or
national iris society.  RECYCLE!
2.  Take a few to each meeting and share them.
3.  Picture catalogs are helpful in setting up educational displays.
4.  Send them to responders on IRIS-L who will reimburse you for your
postage and efforts.

I am currently enjoying a box of old catalogs that an AIS member has
given to a newer member who is loaning them to me to look at.

Phyllis Soine
Richmond, VA
wsoine@gems.vcu.edu