Re: Pacific Coast Natives

  • To: iris-l@rt66.com
  • Subject: Re: Pacific Coast Natives
  • From: Dana Brown <ddbro@llano.net>
  • Date: Sun, 01 Dec 1996 22:49:09 -0800

So, how cold is too cold?  I have 6 hybrids on order from Abe over at
Stockton Iris Gardens.  That reminds me I need to call him and find out
where my order is.  My plan is to pot these up and let them spend the
winter in the shop.  It has one wall of fiberglass and is not heated but
when it got down to 15 and then 16 degrees last week the shop never
dropped below @ 40 degrees.  If they live through the winter then I will
move them outdoors for the spring.  I currently have geraniums and an
amarillas wintering in there and so far they are doing okay.  Our
winters and our summers are both pretty dry with most of our moisture in
the April-May, September-October time period.  What do you think my
chances are?

--
Dana Brown, Lubbock, Texas  Zone 7
17.76"