Re: Iris from Seed

Merle and Linda wrote:
 If I lived in a
> place where there wasn't any cold weather, I would consider freezing blocks
> of water and putting them over the seeds and have that cold water run over
> them.

I don't think the above extreme is necessary, at least for bearded
seeds.  I live in a fairly mild climate and all I do is soak the seeds
for 3 days prior to planting in pots.  I get very good germination using
this method.  One factor determining germination which one should
consider is parentage.  Not all crosses germinate equally and parentage
can be a factor.

Rick Tasco
Superstition Iris Gardens
Central California
Zone 8...where some years we get only a dozen freezing nights.