  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: RE:OT:BOOK
  • From: Donald Mosser <dmosser@ibm.net>
  • Date: Mon, 1 Dec 1997 18:58:19 -0700 (MST)

Looks like everyone's story on the Grosvenor book via the discount
booksellers seems to be the same.  At the end of this message is a copy of
the response I received from Barnes and Noble the last time I inquired
about my order (approx. 10/24/97).  Needless to say my book must have
gotten caught up somewhere in their "warehouse processing". I have not
cancelled my order yet.  I am still striving to be an optimist, but the
sound of the UPS truck driving past my house without stopping is getting

I guess that I should e-mail B&N for the latest excuse and see if they give
me the same shipping date as everyone else this time.  I have gotten some
nice books from both B&N and Amazon in the past.  I just feel like B&N
should not have claimed to be able to ship this book in a couple of weeks
when they didn't even have it in stock and obviously could not meet their
originally advertised shipping schedule.

-Donald (not holding his breath for this book via B&N)

Donald Mosser
North Augusta, South Carolina, USA