Re: SDB: LITTLE SHOWOFF

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re: SDB: LITTLE SHOWOFF
  • From: Rick Tasco/Roger Duncan <randrcv@sierratel.com>
  • Date: Tue, 2 Dec 1997 19:09:23 -0700 (MST)

william b. cook wrote:

> Rick
>      LITTLE SHOWOFF is not white.  The 1989 AIS Checklist describes it as a
> pale icy blue, which is what it was when I had it in Kentucky.  It should
> not bloom out since it increases rapidly.  For those of you will to bend
> down low enough, LITTLE SHOWOFF is fragrant.

Mark--

Our catalog correctly describes it as pale icy-blue and we got the
rhizome directly from the hybridizer, but as we prefaced the rebloom
report --those were brief, quick descriptions and in today's relatively
cool weather, it looks very whitish.

Also, it may grow vigorously in Kentucky, but for us here it has always
bloomed on most of its' increases.  It increases well, but most of the
increases bloom as soon as they are large enough.

Regional differences I guess, maybe Little Showoff (bred in Ohio)
performs better in the colder climates of the country rather than in our
relatively milder climate.

Rick Tasco
Superstition Iris Gardens
Central California Sierra Nevada foothills--Zone 8--High 57 and low 37,
bright and sunny today