Re: Searching For These Irises

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re: Searching For These Irises
  • From: "william b. cook" <billc@atlantic.net>
  • Date: Tue, 2 Dec 1997 19:10:57 -0700 (MST)

> Hi, everyone!  I got a very nice letter from Roger Nelson (IRIS COUNTRY)
> along with his catalog last month (a bit late, but with a good excuse!),
> and he is looking for some older and antique irises. I was able to find
> 3 of the 5 he wanted, but does anyone on the list grow the following, or
> know where they might be found?
>
> KANSAS (Timmerman, from KC, 1929)
> CROWN POINT (Tompkins '58)
>
> Thanks much,  Barb

     Roger Nelson is collecting historic Irises for use with his
hybridizing program.  He wants to try to get vigor back into some of the
strains in which that trait appears to be lacking.  He is also looking for
the following:  FLYING SAUCER, CROWN POINT, FULL CIRCLE, and ROCOCO.
     If any of you have any of these Irises, you could let me know or write
to him directly at:

	Roger Nelson
	6219 Topaz St. NE
	Brooks. OR. 97305

     He makes a good trading partner.

Mark A. Cook			Low:    45 F  ( 7 C)
billc@atlantic.net		High:   75 F  (24 C)
Dunnellon, FL.       		Now:    63 F  (17 C)