PHOTO

I am considering buying my husband (well, with both of our bonuses +
some) a Canon Ultima.  This is a combination digital camcorder and still
camera.

Has anyone had experience with one of these?  Digital photography of
irises is oft talked of here, and being able to switch to video while
narrating would be handy, though one is often suspicious of
"combination" devices.

This is a fairly hefty purchase, so I would like some input, if you have
any information!  My husband claims the digital *camcorder* part
actually has better resolution than an *analog* camcorder* (which I
guess I believe, camcorder resolution not being that great) though of
course the digital resolution of stills is not up to that of analog.

Thanks!  Santa is depending on you!  :-)

Amy, who after a long illness finally got all beardeds (had 95% already)
back into the ground.  It's been a mild winter so far with only one near
32 F night, and the ground never freezes.
--
Amy Moseley Rupp (amyr@austx.tandem.com)  Austin, TX, USDA z8b, Sunset z30