Re: REB: 12/1/97 rebloom report (lengthy)

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re: REB: 12/1/97 rebloom report (lengthy)
  • From: Rick Tasco/Roger Duncan <randrcv@sierratel.com>
  • Date: Wed, 3 Dec 1997 12:17:16 -0700 (MST)

Linda Mann wrote:

> Sounds interesting - blooms late in the spring (so I might get to see
> it!) and has tough parentage.  Anybody know if this one is such a late
> fall rebloomer in other regions?

I don't recall this variety being a late spring bloomer.  It always
bloomed mid-season here.  As for the fall bloom, it has bloomed here as
early as early October. It is a very, very strong rebloomer with
excellent modern flower form.

> Rick, which color class is this one closest to - VICTORIA FALLS,
> pallida,  SONG OF NORWAY or ?  I am trying to think of widely grown
> varieties I may have seen or could look at in a color catalog.  Good
> time of year for wishful thinking and starting that $2000 fantasy iris
> order <grin>.

I would have to say that it is closest to Song of Norway.  From a
distance it looks white.  On closer inspection you will see pale blue
highlights.