Iris Bloom for Northwest Flower and Garden Show

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Iris Bloom for Northwest Flower and Garden Show
  • From: Mike00Rita@aol.com
  • Date: Wed, 3 Dec 1997 12:37:30 -0700 (MST)

     I called Carla Lankow, the one person I know who would best be able to
figure out how to get anything unusual or difficult to grow or bloom.

     "What goes around comes around". was the comment. The beardless iris
came from her garden! Her feeling was that  due to the lateness in procuring
the plants, bloom was unlikely. (It was late October). So what will probably
be seen is foliage in great form.

     Getting ready for my first meeting of the board 1998- PCIS as president-
A bit intimidating but exciting also.

 Next Tues evening is our annual Holiday Feast. Our guest speaker is Elmer
Price. A long time member of PCIS and the parks dept. (as a volunteer)in
Tacoma. His  heart is not healthy even after 2 surgerys and now his sight is
failing and does not trust himself to drive anymore. He has been a great
hiker in the mountains around here for many years. He will be sharing some of
his experiences and slides from those experiences. What a sweet man, who has
worked many hours to benifit the club and the community. Many of us are
members of PCIS directly because of his actions, which speak louder than
words. I think we all have special people in the iris world to thank for
their kindnesses and great warmth.

     Anyone in the area interested in coming is welcome. Bring a pot luck
dish and share good will to all.

Rita B
Western Washington where the sun is shining super bright today.45 degrees f.
at 10 am.