SPEC:CAT I.unguicularis

Although HIPS is primarily concerned with historic hybrid cultivars, we are
also devoted to the conservation of historically important species irises,
among which we may fairly count I. unguicularis, a favorite garden plant for
many years,  often mentioned in the older literature by its former name, I.

<<< If it is not on your list would someone suggest a mail order for iris
unguicularis, a shipper of big healthy clones>>>

One source for I. unguicularis in several forms including Alba and the
cultivar Mary Barnard, which has been discussed previously on this list, is
The Iris Gallery, of Fort Bragg, California 1-800-757-IRIS. Jay and Terri
Hudson, principals. E-mail irishud@mcn.org.

HIPS cannot, of course, guarantee anyone's satisfaction with any commercial
transaction, but we may observe that this company has been called favorably
to the attention of the list by Celia Storey, nobody's fool.

Anner M. Whitehead
Commercial Source Chairman
Historic Iris Preservation Society, AIS
"Preserving irises, iris documents and iris artifacts for the future".
henryanner@aol.com, HIPSource@aol.com