Re: I.unguicularis

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re: I.unguicularis
  • From: "william b. cook" <billc@atlantic.net>
  • Date: Wed, 3 Dec 1997 17:53:02 -0700 (MST)

> From: Jose Almandoz. <almand@arrakis.es>
> To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
> Subject: RE: I.unguicularis
> Date: Wednesday, December 03, 1997 2:41 PM
> I garden in zone 9 (Northern Spain) and I can grow great I. unguicularis
> the garden. This is the place where it should be grown.
     I used to live in Zone 5/6 Kentucky, but have recently moved to Zone 9
Florida.  Some plants of Iris unguicularis are on the way.  It will be
interesting to see how they do here.  This Zone 9 is different than your
Zone 9 in that summers here are hot, humid, and with almost daily
thunderstorms, but the sun still shines most of the time.  The typical
summer day will have a maximum temperature somewhere between 32 C and 35 C.
 The soil is a well-drained sandy loam.

Mark A, Cook
Dunnellon, FL.