Re: Postage Rates...was IRIS Flower of the Rainbow

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re: Postage Rates...was IRIS Flower of the Rainbow
  • From: Rick Tasco/Roger Duncan <randrcv@sierratel.com>
  • Date: Wed, 3 Dec 1997 18:50:43 -0700 (MST)

william b. cook wrote:

> > How do we contact the author directly?
>      You can write Graeme Grosvenor at:
>                 Graeme Grosvenor
>                 Rainbow Ridge Nursery
>                 8 Taylors Rd.
>                 Dural
>                 N.S.W.   2158
>                 Australia
> Two 32 cent stamps on the envelope will get it there.

Two 32 cent stamps MAY get it there; actual postage for foreign air mail
goes by the 1/2 ounce instead of the ounce.  Actual postage rates to
Australia are 60 cents for a 1/2 ounce letter and $1.00 for a one-ounce
letter.  So, if you just include a note and check, it SHOULD go for the
rate you suggested.  But why not use three 20 cent stamps (post card
rate stamps), then you would have the actual rate, why overpay the post
office!  But be aware of how much you "stuff" into that envelope.  You
wouldn't want your important letter seeking the book to go "postage due"
to the recipient!

Superstition Iris Gardens
Central California Sierra Nevada foothills--Zone 8--61 high and 36 low
today; an El Nino storm is approaching for the week-end!