Re: OT:Books

I started this thread simply by mentioning my website was a BarnesandNoble
affiliate. I'm not sure whether I should apologise, or just sit back and
enjoy the diversity of opinions. One thing does seem rather obvious -
there isn't enough gardening activity going on right now. :-)

I appreciate the input, both supportive and critical, and I'm going to
try to use it to improve my site. For instance, I've made a list of iris
titles available on the site. I'm sure it isn't all inclusive, and some
of the titles are discounted, some aren't; some of the titles are ready
for immediate shipment, some aren't, and may never be.

I do agree with those of you who like to browse, fondle and kick tires
in a local store. But I can also tell you I didn't have a clue what books
were available on the subject of iris gardening until I searched the
on-line data base, and would anyone care to guess how many books specific
to iris gardening were on the shelf at my local store? Just a clue, try ZERO.

One last point - My Christmas wish list contains several gardening books -
Ordered locally cost will be about $500.00. Through the internet, cost will
be about $350.00, and there's no shipping charge right now. I probably won't
get them all, but that savings sure increases my odds.

Duane Buell "dbuell@ptialaska.net"
Juneau, Alaska